Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Video Game Music Remixes

Isn't video game music just awesome? Here are some cool remixes my brother and I found (he probably found most) and enjoyed listening to. Hope you enjoy too!



I've never actually played any Legend of Zelda games, but I must say, Zelda + violin = beautiful. The visuals of this video are gorgeous too!



An a cappella version of the Bowser stage music from Super Mario 64. It's so true to the original song, and interpreted using only voices! Very cool.



Just feel yourself relax. This combines a jazz/soul version of "The Fragrance of Dark Coffee" (from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations) with the sound of rain and a crackling fireplace. I'm listening to each song as I add it to this post, and I do not want to stop this one.



What if every time Mario died and returned with another "life," he had to come back as a baby and relive his life up to the place he died before? From the webcomic Brawl in the Family (an awesome Nintendo webcomic - check it out!) comes this idea, accompanied by a medley of Mario music from multiple games.



Now to take the reflective mood and utterly destroy it, here is the Bob-Omb Battlefield music from Super Mario 64 combined with the theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It fits. And yes, two songs related to Super Mario 64 in this post. Sue me. It's one of the best games ever. Arguably.

I usually shy away from remixes, but there are some really great ones out there! Do you have any favorite video game remixes, songs, or soundtracks?

No comments:

Post a Comment