Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Letter to PBS

Day 23 - A letter to someone. Anyone.

I give "C" as the letter of the day to Cookie Monster!





Okay but that actually gives me an idea.

Dear PBS,

Thanks for being my channel pretty much forever. You're almost all I watched when I was little, and you're even airing my new favorite shows now. So that's pretty cool.

Barney, Arthur, Dragon Tales, Big Comfy Couch, others I'm probably forgetting, those were all really fun and probably develop social skills for kids. So I salute you. And Mr. Rogers of course, with talking about feelings and imagination and how stuff is made and feeding the fish.

Even though I don't remember them well, Wishbone, Bill Nye, and Reading Rainbow exposed me to stuff I would build on later.

Liberty's Kids got me interested in history in a major way, and helped tremendously in school. I still love it.

Fetch with Ruff Ruffman had me totally captivated and I learned a lot of weird facts from that too.

That was probably the last thing I actively followed from PBS Kids - now I've moved to Masterpiece Mystery. Well, like three shows. And a couple more that have already ended. I'm so glad you play these mysteries so I don't have to wait for them to be on BBC America and then finally on dvd like a year and a half after they first air and everyone watches them.

But hey. These cut-down versions you air. I know you probably have to do it because of time slots and no commercials but. How come the Sherlock cuts were fine but on Endeavour some cuts are important to the characters! Mrs. Thursday and Monica are important! And they help us understand DS Thursday and Morse better.

But really, you've played a bunch of wonderful shows that have shaped my life for the better, so it wasn't all mindless TV watching.

Now if you could just calm down your pledge drives somehow...

6 comments:

  1. Awww , sweet :) I also love PBS and grew up watching the shows (like the ones you mentioned). Glad you had them then and that you have them now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3 Glad it's been good to you too!

      Delete
  2. Fetch with Ruff Ruffman was my favorite PBS show to watch with my older sister! I used to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood with my dad--good times. Arthur and Cyberchase were our other favorites.
    This was a good idea for a letter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, awesome! :D That sounds really nice. :) Ah, I forgot Cyberchase!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. *Looks at letter to PBS* Awwwww. <3
    I literally remember all of those shows. :D PBS was awesome!
    And yay for mysteries but nay for cuts. xD

    Misty Kasumi*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Yeah, they were all great. :) Yep XD

      Delete